This project is read-only.

Suggestions

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Hello, I think I came across a bug, basically every asset name is adding a "b" in the end because of this line:

if(name.EndsWith(".xnb"))
  name = name.Remove(name.Length - 4, 3);

I replaced it with:

if(name.EndsWith(".xnb"))
  name = name.Substring(0, name.Length - 4);

Also, I removed every instance of String.ToLower() in the solution because I don't understand why you're lowercasing every asset name. It only makes it harder for people to replace the "normal" ContentManager in their projects, because many people use names like "EnemySprite" instead of "enemysprite".

Lastly, I got an error "Value does not fall within the expected range." while loading a song:

content.Load(@"Audio\Songs\Intro");

Any help appreciated!

Thanks for this project!

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Hi Ric, aplogies for not getting back to you sooner about this. Thank you for the bug report about the extension removal.

The string.ToLower() everywhere was intended to match existing ContentManager behaviour. Since the windows/xbox file system is not case sensitive, I make everything lower case so I don't have to worry about doing non-case sensitive compares later on. There may be an issue with it that I haven't noticed.

As for loading of songs, this is something I haven't tested. I believe the content pipeline outputs two files, one XNB and one WMA for songs, so perhaps the WMA is being deleted or otherwise incorrectly handled. I guess as a workaround you could try not including the song in the PAK'd folder.

Cheers,

Aranda